The Linux Side of Life - 2017

Two years ago I would say that I still use Windows or Mac because of some developer or design IDEs that would not work on Linux. Not just Linux itself but the Wine application are really opening and running programs we couldn't dream of couple years ago.

Macromedia Flash MX running on Wine
Just my simple list of programs that I'm running today on my Linux Mint KDE: Chrome, Macromedia MX Suite (Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver), Steam (Counter-Strike and others), any cloud service (like Drive), NetFlix (now it runs), and other great tools made just for Windows or Mac platforms. 

All of that in a well configured GNU/Linux platform running for two years now with all updates, tools and stability I need. Unlike Windows, I never had to format my Linux Systems over the past few years (24/24 hours on and connected).

You really don't need Windows or Mac anymore! 


Comments

Popular Posts

SPONSORS

Methark - Business, Marketing & IT Outsourcing

LinkCollider - Website Ranking Tool Using Social Media